08 February 2017

Making Onigiri, Second Attempt

Yesterday was the first time I've made onigiri, but it was far from perfect. So today was my second attempt in making onigiri, and this time, I can say that I have succeeded in making onigiri correctly.


MAKING THE ONIGIRI


Unlike yesterday, I decided to cook half cup of rice, as the tuna mayo I made is enough to make two onigiri. So once I have done cooking the rice, I need to wait for a while to cool it down.


Once I'm ready to make the onigiri, I brought these items out, as shown in the photo above:
  • Tuna mayo
  • One large bowl of water
  • One rice paddle
  • A small jar of salt
  • One plate for preparing the rice
  • Another plate for making the onigiri
  • Seaweed
Once I have removed all the rice from the cooker to the plate, I scooped half of the rice into the plate and spread the rice.


Next, I placed half of the tuna mayo available in the centre of the rice. Applying and spreading a pinch of salt on the palm of my wet hands, I started moulding the rice to make the onigiri. After that, I applied a strip of seaweed and put the finished onigiri on a small plate; and repeated the same steps for the second onigiri.


THE RESULT


As shown above, this is the end result, and I am happy that I finally got it right. In fact, these onigiri look just like those I often see in Anime shows. Although I have to admit, sometimes it is difficult to make the rice stick properly so that the filling inside won't spill out.

So what is my plan next? I'd say that, God willing, I might start selling them in my area. In order to do that, I might want to start experimenting with different kinds of filling, such as chicken curry, for example.

RemainUnknown522 Out.