17 December 2016

Comic Fiesta 2016 Day One Report, 17/12/2016


It has been six hours since I left Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) after visiting Comic Fiesta 2016, and this post is the first post of its kind, where it is posted on the same day of the event, albeit at a later time. In this post, I am writing a report of my visit on Day One.



REPORT


This year's Comic Fiesta was held at Tun Razak Hall, PWTC; and from what I could think of, I can say that it was not a good venue of choice. Although the venue itself was large enough, it was severely overcrowded, and I am extremely annoyed by the frequent photobombing there. Not only that, I feel that the hall that housed the Premium and Basic Artist booths appeared to be a bit dark. To make matters worse, I am in slightly bad health conditions, and that day's event was severely exhausting to the point that I suffered from short muscle cramps on my right calf while I was on my way back to the Komuter station.

The queue outside PWTC

Getting there was a bit easy, as PWTC is within walking distance from Putra Komuter Station. At first, I was expecting to walk quite far, but to my surprise, it was nearer than I expected. Although late and having the queue mixed with Early Bird ticket holders and on-site ticket buyers, I managed to gain access to the halls early along with other Early Bird ticket holders.

These are Kimi No Na Wa comic and light novel, in Malay language.

What made me happy on that day was that I managed to buy a Malay language version of Kimi No Na Wa light novel and comic at Kadokawa GempakStarz booth. I even managed to successfully record a video of Smart Dolls exhibition at Culture Japan's booth without any interruptions from visitors there.


The takoyaki I bought, RM7 each.

As for the food and drinks, I bought myself a takoyaki, and five bottles of drinks at 'Origina' booth which totalled at RM10. Unfortunately, I find the available food and drinks there seemed to be a bit overpriced. The takoyaki I bought was priced at RM7; it has three large takoyaki balls, and it tasted okay.

This cosplayer is dressed as the Colossal Titan form Shingeki no Kyojin, complete with a Santa hat!

There are also a number of cosplayers, but due to the event hall's overcrowding, I find it a bit difficult to take photo of the cosplayers there. The only two places I have no problems photographing cosplayers are at Hall 3 and the Registration Counter below it.


IMAGE GALLERY

Below is an image gallery of selected photos, more photos here: https://goo.gl/photos/5H5xtvt2HGdhhoXg6


THE QUEUE-UP



INSIDE THE HALLS



CULTURE JAPAN BOOTH



Mirai Suenaga and Ebony Futaba Smart Dolls, holding Touch 'n Go cards.


This is Miho Nishizumi Smart Doll.


COSPLAYERS


To be continued on Day Two.

RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments: