14 July 2019

Vlogging: The Thing I Gave Up And Wished I Had Done

Vlogging. Basically, it is similar to blogging, but by the means of recording a short video using either a camera with swivelling screen, or a video camera (Handycam). Nowadays, I see several YouTube users who record a lot of videos and published them online.

Back then, around ten years ago, it wasn't called vlogging. Instead, I called it video diary.

Anyway, back when my parents used to bring me along for a holiday, I was planning to make my own video diary, showcasing my holiday experiences. At that time, I used to make my own home videos using Windows Movie Maker (I can't get my hands on more advanced software, as it is too expensive), showcasing my work to my family, and collecting them for my personal viewing.

However, there is one problem. Whenever I try to achieve what I wanted to do, there will always be someone or something interfering or blocking my way to success, sometimes in a cruel manner. Once that happened, I would instantly lose interest in them, and whenever I try to start again, I would always think of that same bad experience might happen again, and again, and again!

Imagine how does it feel when you're vlogging, only to be stopped harshly and rudely in the middle of the recording by some asshole! (By the way, let me tell you the truth, I would only resort to the use of foul language a.k.a. profanity when I can no longer bear my anger!)

And that's exactly what happened in 2010; When I was going to Pulau Pangkor along with my family, I was in the middle of recording a video diary when disembarking onto Pulau Pangkor jetty, only to be stopped by my eldest sister's asshole husband and got scolded by him in plain view of public over a seemingly trivial matter. As I was using my Nokia 6267 to record my video diary, he forcefully slapped the phone, almost knocking it off my hand!

Ever since that incident, I began to lose interest in vlogging. That, combined with my bad experiences during holidays, mostly caused by my literal-minded, selfish and short tempered father, I finally gave up my interest in vlogging. Although life is never a bed of roses, it really pains me that my life somehow 'deserve' to be painful and harsh!

Shall I start vlogging again? Definitely no.

After all, vlogging is the thing I gave up and wished I had done, if there is nobody to interfere and complicate my life.


RemainUnknown522 Out.