25 March 2018

Trying Out KFC's Zinger Cheezilla Burger (2018)

Image courtesy of KFC Malaysia.
(NOTE: THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN AND PUBLISHED IN 2018)

It has been a while since I last went to KFC for a meal. Recently, KFC Malaysia launched a new burger called the Zinger Cheezilla, which is essentially a Zinger burger with an additional Mozzarella cheese patty. And so, I went to a KFC restaurant in my area and bought one combo set, priced at RM 16.90.


As shown above, the Zinger Cheezilla combo meal consists of one Zinger Cheezilla burger, wrapped in white paper wrapper and a box; One fries, and a drink of my choice, 7-Up Lemon Mint.


As shown above, this is how the burger looks like. Sure, it looks slightly different than advertised (that's where 'Fine Print' is for!); But, hey, it's not the burger's appearance that matters most, but the taste of the burger itself. I know that the staffs at KFC have put a lot of effort in making this burger, and I thank them for it. So now, let my taste buds decide whether this burger tastes good or not.

So, how does it taste?

Well, to begin with, this burger has the unmistakable taste of KFC's Zinger burger. The mozzarella cheese patty used for this burger, in my opinion, is somewhat unbalanced, because I noticed that the mozzarella cheese is thicker on one side of the patty, and thinner on the other.

I began consuming the burger on the thinner side of the mozzarella patty first, where the cheese taste is less noticeable; Then I continued right up to the thickest part of the mozzarella patty, where it has the most cheese. Overall, the burger is tasty, and I can describe it as almost close to perfect.

Once again, thanks to the staffs at KFC for making this tasty burger. It may not be perfect, but I really loved the taste.

Will I recommend this burger to anyone? Yes, if they love cheese a lot, that is. At the price of RM 13.50 a la carte and RM 16.90 for a combo meal, it may put off some people from buying it, but if you love Zinger and more cheese in your burger, then this Zinger Cheezilla burger is perfect for you.


RemainUnknown522 Out.