21 March 2018

'Jalan-Jalan' Tuesday, 20/03/2018: Rice Bowl, Ice-Cream and Ramune

Waiting for the Komuter train to arrive.
As my mother went for a holiday trip with my sister for five days, I was by myself at home. So, I decided to go for a trip on my own. On that day, I went to Mid Valley Megamall first, then to Sungei Wang Plaza and Berjaya Times Square before going home; Although it was not a shopping spree, but a simple 'Jalan-Jalan'.


TO MID VALLEY

Bangi Komuter Station outside.

I arrived at Bangi Komuter Station at 9:12 a.m. and proceeded to use the Touch 'n Go terminal and waited at the platform for my train to arrive. As usual, I brought along my camera, and took photos outside of the station and at the platform.

Another shot of the platforms.
After I finished taking photos, the Komuter train arrived at the platform, where I rode it and departed for Mid Valley station. I also took a few photos inside the train.

Inside the train, with passengers.
The driver's cab. I was at the door to the drivers cab when I took this photo from the door's window.

ARRIVAL AT MID VALLEY

Passengers disembarking from the Komuter train and heading to the stairs.

I arrived at Mid Valley at about 10:05 a.m, where I headed straight to the stairs, exiting the station and went inside Mid Valley Megamall. Once inside, I stopped by at XL-SHOP.COM toy store to buy TAGCC 2018 Early Bird tickets, which was about to be held on 7th and 8th April.

Arriving at XL-SHOP.COM toy store.

The TAGCC 2018 early bird tickets.
Soon after buying the tickets, I walked around inside Mid Valley, where I stopped by a Toys"R"Us store and toured inside the shop just to look at the toys being sold there. Although I have to admit that I am too old for this, I honestly liked to enter these places, as it brings back the memories of my childhood days, where I would go to Toys"R"Us at Subang Parade with my parents to buy my favourite toys; That is, until my father decided, 'No Toys'.

Guess I am still a kid at heart after all...

(Come to think of it, the event I am about to go to is called TOYS Animation Games Comics Convention, so...)
Toys"R"Us toy store.
After leaving Toys"R"Us, I went to a Canon store to try one of the DSLR cameras, and later, entering Sony Store to try the Sony A6000. Once I finished, I went up to the 3rd floor and stopped by at DAISO store, and later, went to the food court located near AEON Supermarket for my brunch meal.

At the said food court. What was originally a Kodawari Menya ramen stall a year ago, is now a Hong Kong Roast food stall.

Sukiya food stall.
Here, I went to the Sukiya stall to buy a large Chicken Katsudon rice bowl and Chicken Kaarage set.

Chicken Katsudon rice bowl (large) and Chicken Kaarage set with Green Tea.
A year ago, when I first tried Sukiya's rice bowl, I ordered a Teriyaki Chicken rice bowl, and it was delicious. This time, however, I decided to try the Chicken Katsudon. As Chicken Katsu is basically similar to fried Chicken Chop, its taste is unmistakable, and it was good.

Once I finished, I moved on. I walked along the restaurants at LG floor of Mid Valley and headed straight to The Gardens shopping mall. There, I walked around and stopped for an ice-cream at Baskin Robbins, where I ordered a Pralines 'N Cream in a single scoop junior cone.

At Baskin Robbins kiosk, The Gardens shopping mall.
I later moved on to Borders bookstore, only to find that it was moved to a different location. Not only that, I noticed that the bookstore is missing a collection of manga. It was here that I left the bookstore and headed straight to Family Mart at Mid Valley Megamall.

Family Mart.
At Family Mart, I had trouble choosing what to buy. I looked long and hard until I finally decided to buy something I never bought before: Ramune soft drink.

This is Ramune, but in a 500ml tin bottle, named Ramu Bottle.
As shown above, the Ramune I bought at Family Mart is called Ramu Bottle by Sangaria, and it was sold in a 500ml tin bottle with a screw cap. It was the first time I bought a drink made and imported from Japan, so I decided to try it out.

So how does it taste? It was good. Although the original Ramune is a lemon-lime soft drink, this one's taste reminds me of F&N's Ice-Cream Soda and smells like bubble gum.

It was here that I left Mid Valley Megamall for Sungei Wang Plaza.


TO SUNGEI WANG PLAZA


I took the Komuter to KL Sentral, where it was also the final stop for this line. There, I took some photos of the station before I proceeded to the monorail station located at NU Sentral.

To the monorail station.
Once the monorail arrived at the station, I rode it and waited until the doors closed and the monorail departed. Here, I took the monorail to Imbi station, where I disembarked and walked to Sungei Wang Plaza.

At Imbi monorail station.

AT SUNGEI WANG PLAZA

KL Tower from afar, taken at Imbi Plaza.
I entered Sungei Wang Plaza and toured around the shopping mall, and I stopped taking photos there. To be honest, I can say that the atmosphere at Sungei Wang Plaza feels somewhat desolate and empty. There are many shops that was either closed down or moved to new lots. Not only that, Parkson Sungei Wang has already moved out; The last time I saw it operational was in 2016. The only places that were lively at Sungei Wang Plaza are two places: Giant supermarket and the Food Court located on the Fourth Floor.

It was here I left Sungei Wang and proceeded to Berjaya Times Square for another 'Jalan-Jalan' in KL.


AT BERJAYA TIMES SQUARE


Unlike Sungei Wang Plaza, Berjaya Times Square's atmosphere fells more lively. Here, I walked around the shopping mall and looked at some shops. However, there are some areas that is just as empty as Sungei Wang Plaza, particularly, the upper floors where another branch of XL-SHOP.COM toy store is located. Apparently, it was due to an incident where someone committed suicide back in 2013 that the upper floors appeared bleak. Not only that, due to that incident, there is a large net, a form of suicide barrier, was set up at Berjaya Times Square.

This net, a type of suicide barrier, was set up at Berjaya Times Square. The upper floors above really feels desolate due to that incident.

GOING HOME

I left Berjaya Times Square and went to Giant Sungei Wang Plaza, where I noticed imported Japanese snacks and Ramune being sold there. So, I bought one Ramune and walked back to Imbi station.

Sangaria Ramune. This one is the original, 200ml Codd-neck glass bottle Ramune, hence the nickname 'marble soda'.
As shown above, the Ramune soft drink is sold in a unique, 200ml Codd-neck glass bottle, where it uses a marble to contain the carbonation.

Anyway, after buying the Ramune, I went back to Imbi station and took the monorail back to KL Sentral. Upon arriving at KL Sentral monorail station, I walked to the Komuter station.

This is how the marble stopper looked like after it was pushed down.

At the station platform, I decided to try opening the Ramune bottle, which was difficult to begin with. To open it, first, I have to remove a plunger from the plastic cap. Next, I placed the plunger at the top of the bottle. Finally I pushed the plunger firmly until the marble dropped and the gas is released, neccessitating me to keep the plunger from shooting out from the bottle! Not only that it was difficult, I also made a slight mess, as I have never tried opening a Codd-neck bottle before.

Anyway, I drank the Ramune until the Komuter train arrived at the platform, where I rode the train and headed home.

Power grid, at Salak Selatan station, taken from inside the Komuter train. It was raining heavily at this time.

My journey home was made difficult by the heavy rains and lightning. Although it was safe inside the train, once I arrived at Bangi Komuter station, I have to wait a few minutes for the lightning to subside so that I can go back to take my car and drive safely home.

Arrival at Bangi Komuter station. It was raining heavily and there was lightning strikes in the sky above Bangi.

Thankfully, I made it, and was safely home. And so ends my 'Jalan-Jalan' Tuesday post.


RemainUnknown522 Out.