22 December 2014

COSPLAY PROJECT: PART 2

After what had happened more than a month ago, I've finally decided to order all my Shingeki no Kyojin cosplay items online. And so, I've also restarted my previously suspended Cosplay Project. Some people might make fun of me for being too outdated; but to be honest, I prefer to be safe than sorry. And I am sure that many others out there are thinking the same way as I am. After all, we may never know that items that arrive at our doorstep may appear different than the one we ordered.

Anyway, here's a checklist of the items I currently have and items that are not yet arrived:

CURRENTLY HAVE:
shirt
white trousers
body harness, which includes a double-hole belt
boots, size 42

NOT YET ARRIVED:
jacket, Survey Corps badge
waist sash

Now onto the two items that has arrived:

BODY HARNESS


I ordered this item on 28th November and it arrived at my house on 9th December. The body harness I bought is exactly similar to the picture advertised by the seller, which is a good thing. However, wearing it is somewhat difficult, making it the most complicated of all cosplay items available; and I highly recommend that you'll need someone to help you out when wearing it. However, should if I was not able to wear this, I might opt to wear the double-hole belt that came along with it. And if that happens, I may need to omit the waist sash too.

BOOTS


I ordered these on 2nd December as a Comic Fiesta rush order batch, and it arrived on the 18th. I initially ordered them in black colour, but the one arrived at my house was brown instead. Despite the mistake that happened, I think it's okay, since brown is the right colour for this cosplay.

Normally, I wear size 43 shoes. But recently, I discovered that I can now wear size 42 shoes. And so, being a bit too confident, I ordered the boots in size 42. And do the boots fit? Yes. But the bad news is, it was quite tight! And judging from how tight it is at my foot, I'd say that these boots are most comfortable for males who usually wear shoes in sizes 40 or 41. I guess it is true that the boots are in women's size rather than men's size, as I once saw an online seller selling these boots advising male buyers to buy one size bigger.

But what are the good things about these boots? Only one: the calf size, where I find it comfortable at the calf and I have no problems putting my trouser leg into the boot tube. So now, I can conclude that these boots are tight at the foot, but comfortable at the calf. Funny thing is, when I was planning to buy these boots, I am more concerned about the calf size rather than the foot size. Guess I have an unusual way of thinking, possibly because of my head injury...

And that's all there is to write about. To conclude this post, I'll continue to Part 3 after my jacket and waist sash have arrived at my house.

Lastly, since no-one answered my question in Part 1 of this post, I'll answer it here:

The character from Shingeki no Kyojin I'm going to cosplay as, is Conny Springer.

RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments: