24 December 2014

COSPLAY PROJECT: PART 3

As I have promised, this will be the final blog post about my Cosplay Project. And as of the time of this writing, the last two items for my cosplay project (the jacket and the waist sash) have just arrived safely at my house yesterday, and thus making my costume complete. The jacket and waist sash were originally ordered on 20th November, but these two items were the last to arrive.

But first of all, a checklist of items:
  • shirt (bought on 26th June)
  • white trousers (bought on 1st August)
  • body harness, which includes a double-hole belt (arrived on 9th December)
  • boots, size 42 (arrived on 18th December)
  • jacket, Survey Corps badge (arrived yesterday, 23rd December)
  • waist sash (arrived yesterday, 23rd December)
Now onto the last two items:

JACKET


This jacket is sized XL. However, when I ordered this, I didn't state which size I want, mostly because of my bad experience back in Sungei Wang Plaza (read here). Instead, I gave my body measurements so that the seller would help me find the correct size.

So does the jacket fit? Yes, it does, but it was still a bit tight, probably because of my large torso and thick arms. The fabric used for the jacket feels somewhat lighter than the one I tried at Sungei Wang Plaza, and I have to be careful when wearing or removing it. The front pockets, however, cannot be closed, as the buttons are placed on the flap instead of the pocket.

WAIST SASH


This waist sash, also known as the apron, is made of cloth (also available in leather) and it uses velcro fasteners. I have tried this on, and somehow I feel it was a bit bigger than I expect, though. This waist sash is normally required if one was going to wear the belt harness. As for me, I can choose to wear this if I was not going to wear the belt harness. But still, the choice is mine.

And that's all there is to post. See you at Comic Fiesta 2014!

RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments: