09 March 2024

Nijigen Expo 2024, 2nd March 2024


As I always visited Comic Fiesta, there were some other ACG events in Malaysia I haven't visited yet, and Nijigen Expo is one of them. In this new blog post, it's about my visit to Nijigen Expo 2024, which was held at MIECC (Mines International Convention Centre). This event was held from 1st of March to 3rd of March 2024; The one I'm posting here is about my visit a week ago, on Saturday, 2nd of March 2024.

GETTING THERE

Getting to the venue, from The Mines Shopping Mall.


Just like the last time I went to VAX 2015 and Comic Fiesta 2015, getting there was via the Komuter train. I took the 8:58 a.m. Komuter train from Bangi, disembarked from Serdang Komuter station and walked to the event venue. Entering Mines Shopping Centre, from here I walked to the convention centre as shown on the signs placed there. Back when I first visited VAX 2015, it took me 10 minutes to find my way to MIECC.

Of course, as I walked from the Komuter train station to the convention centre instead of taking a public transport (GRAB e-hailing service), it made me sweat profusely, as usual!


ARRIVAL

Queueing up for ticket redemption

I arrived at the event hall at 9:40 a.m. From there, I started queueing up to redeem my ticket, which I bought online at Ticket2U. There were also on-site tickets sold at the ticket counter, which is a good thing, after all that COVID-19 troubles. Unlike the one at Comic Fiesta, the queue here was not as long.


GETTING INSIDE THE HALLS

I redeemed the ticket at about 10:30 a.m. Right after that was a security checkpoint. After passing the security checkpoint, I stopped for a while to take photos, then proceeded to enter the hall and take photos and visiting the available booths.

Nijigen Expo 2024 ticket.

Inside the halls were the usual exhibitor booths, art market booths, cosplayer booths, and a stage. Unlike Comic Fiesta, the event halls were less crowded, and I can easily relax for a moment there.



The stage. This was taken before the concert started.


Outside the event hall were vendors selling food and drinks. I first went to the vendors at 11:30 a.m. to buy a crepe, then entered back into the event hall to take more photos. I went to the vendors again an hour after that, this time I bought takoyaki, taiyaki, and a drink. After that, I went back inside again to take more photos, before leaving MIECC at 1:50 p.m.

Mango crepe, sold by Twenty28.

The takoyaki and taiyaki stall. Although I didn't take a photo of the food I bought, all I can say is that their takoyaki tasted delicious, and the red bean taiyaki was good.













COSPLAYERS

As usual, in every ACG events, there were cosplayers; And, as usual too, I took some photos of the available cosplayers there. Being a point-and-shoot kind of photographer most of the time, there are some photos that appears bad due to the wrong setting I made.

Anyway, here are the select photos of the available cosplayers there:

Ai Hoshino cosplayer. It was here that I found that I didn't choose a proper setting (supposedly, but I'm not sure) to take this photo.








CONCLUSION

Although I went there for one day only, I am happy. I have to admit, I am actually burnt-out from visiting Nijigen Expo on that day, but it was worth it. On that day, the event was not as crowded and suffocating like Comic Fiesta, so I can relax a bit. It was during lunchtime (12:00 p.m.) that the place started to become crowded. As for photography, I am starting to experiment with different settings, and even using Manual mode for some of the photos taken there (and also during Comic Fiesta 2023). Unfortunately, there are some times when the photos I took didn't turn out as I desired.

Still, I am starting to feel my age at this point. To be honest, I was already burnt-out back in Comic Fiesta 2024, except this time, it's getting slightly worse than before. 

After all, what do you expect from a battered and forever alone NEET blogger like me?

(Sounds like I'm asking for sympathy, right? Except that I'm not.)


RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment