14 May 2023

TORIPAITAN EXTREME RAMEN, AT SEIROCK-YA IOI CITY MALL

It has been a while since I went dining for Japanese food at a restaurant in a shopping mall. Normally, I would go to Mid Valley Megamall for some Japanese food at Sukiya restaurant. Yesterday, I went to IOI City Mall for some early birthday shopping, as my birthday is on Tuesday.

It was here that I decided to try ramen from this restaurant called Ramen Seirock-ya.

INSIDE THE RESTAURANT


As I arrived at IOI City Mall early, I decided to roam around the shopping mall first, as the restaurant opened at 11:30 a.m. Once done, I went back to the restaurant and waited until the staff allowed customers to enter the restaurant.

Once inside, I sat at my table and ordered my meal for the day: Toripaitan Extreme Egg and cold green tea. I was the first customer to enter and order my meal on that day.

Inside the restaurant.

My assigned table: Table 4.

The restaurant also provided a basket for customers to put their bags.

As this is the first time I've been to this restaurant, I actually liked the atmosphere. As I have never been to Japan (and probably shall never be!), this is the closest thing I can get to a real Japanese ramen restaurant. Ordering is by scanning the QR code with your smartphone, where it brings customers to a website for ordering the meal. The staff also provided a basket for customers to put their bags. What's best is that Ramen Seirock-ya (here in Malaysia) is Halal certified by JAKIM.

I also noticed that, if the restaurant is full house, there is a waiting list provided at the entrance, where customers need to write their names and wait until they get their assigned table.


THE RAMEN

This is what I ordered: Toripaitan (tori paitan) Extreme Egg ramen and cold green tea.

As written earlier, I ordered Toripaitan Extreme Egg ramen. As written on the menu, this is Seirock-ya's signature dish. I can choose the thickness of the noodles and the saltiness of the broth, and I can optionally choose extra toppings for the ramen with additional charges. Here, I opted for thin noodles and normal saltiness for the broth.

So, how does it taste?

It was delicious. The broth tasted creamy and savoury. By squeezing some lemon juice, it also made the broth tasted better. The chicken is soft and tasted good, the soft-boiled eggs are also good.

Overall, I am happy with my meal, and shall come again someday.


RemainUnknown522 Out.