03 July 2023

AnimeFest 2023 Day One, IOI City Mall, 24th June 2023


It has been more than a week since I last went to AnimeFest 2023 at IOI Grand Exhibition & Convention Centre inside IOI City Mall. Once again, it's writer's block (or as some detractors would say, LAZINESS!), and I am having a hard time trying to come up with something to write.

I guess, I AM feeling my age already!

Anyway, in this new (and late) blog post, it is about my experience at AnimeFest 2023.


I went to IOI City Mall along with my mother, my sister and my niece for some meals at AEON Supermarket's food court. To begin with, both our visit to the food court and my visit to AnimeFest 2023 were merely coincidental. After some light meal at the food court, I left and proceeded to IOI Grand Exhibition & Convention Centre where AnimeFest 2023 was held.


Upon arrival, I started to record a video of me entering the exhibition centre. The exhibition hall is sufficient enough for an event like this. While there are a lot of visitors inside, it was not as suffocating as Comic Fiesta 2010 I experienced at Berjaya Times Square, though.

Besides, this event is not as big as Comic Fiesta. Only a rude bastard would suggest this event to be held at a Mahsyar*...



During the event, there is a stamp rally, just like during Comic Fiesta (not surprised, since it was organised by the very same Comic Fiesta!). Once I got the flyer which also contained empty boxes for the stamp rally, I started venturing around IOI City Mall looking for the stamp rally stations placed. During that time, I also happened to check out the clothes section at AEON, where there are Anime-themed T-shirts sold there, and also standees of characters from Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan).

Once all the stamps have been collected, I proceeded to Coffytiam booth for a lucky draw, then later took photos of the exhibition and buying a few things there. I didn't take a lot of photos, since I don't want to keep my mother, sister, and niece waiting for too long.

More photos of the exhibition here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Uox6aR599xjW2QL49










Once finished, I left the exhibition hall and IOI City Mall for home.

These are what I got at AnimeFest 2023: An Attack on Titan T-shirt, a gashapon figurine of Nobara Kugisaki, and the lucky draw prize I won: Crayon Shin-chan stickers.


Oh, about the 'Mahsyar*' part I wrote earlier? Here it is:

This rude and unfunny comment, written by a Facebook user named 'Fat Fatah', mocked the overcrowding of AnimeFest 2022 which was held at Paradigm Mall, Petaling Jaya last year. This screenshot was taken on 18th May 2022. Source here: https://www.facebook.com/300805196634773/posts/5078773722171206/


RemainUnknown522 Out.