12 September 2021

COVID-19 Vaccination, Second Dose


In this new blog post, I'm going to share my experience in getting my second dose of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine on 10th September 2021. Unlike my first dose 9 weeks ago, there are slight differences on this day.


GETTING THERE

Once again, I decided to drive to the vaccination centre, and decided to use the same route to the vaccination centre. Unlike my first dose appointment, I lef home much earlier, as I happened to send off my niece for her practical at an art & craft shop at Bandar Seri Putra.

Just like my last appointment, driving at the highway is a breeze. It was smooth sailing from Putra Mahkota to downtown KL. As 10th September also happened to be the day where Phase 2 of National Recovery Plan commenced in Selangor, KL, and Putrajaya, I noticed that KL has finally beginning to come back to life, which reminded me of the past, before the COVID-19 pandemic. Among the differences I noticed are there are more cars on the road than the last time I went there.


AT THE VACCINATION CENTRE

I arrived there at 10:10 a.m. Just like last time, I parked at Sunway Putra Mall and walked to WTCKL. This time, I have no problems getting my way there, as I have already remembered how and which way to go. I took my time wearing my action cam before going to the vaccination centre.

Making my way to WTCKL.

At WTCKL, there are the usual checkpoints to go through, with RELA and even APM (Malaysian Civil Defence) personnel guarding the checkpoints. There are also the usual MySejahtera QR codes for visitors to scan, and automatic hand sanitiser dispensers placed there.







Once I have passed through the checkpoints, I headed straight to the vaccination centre. This time, it's located at Dewan Tun Dr. Ismail. Once arrived, I handed over my vaccination card and IC at the registration counter, then proceeded to one of the vaccination rooms (at Dewan Merdeka, the rooms oddly reminded me of cubicles, hence why I called it 'vaccination cubicles' in my previous post).

Entering Dewan Tun Dr. Ismail, Vaccination Station 2.

One of the registration counters, and vaccination rooms.

Once inside the vaccination room, I scanned another QR code; Then, as per standard operating procedure, the staff in charge of the vaccination showed me the vial containing AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine first. Next, he filled the syringe with 0.5ml of the vaccine. Finally, the staff changed the needle for my vaccination, sanitised my arm with an alcohol swab, and injected the vaccine.

I got vaccinated at 10:28 a.m. I even managed to record a video of the vaccination, which showed the needle inserted into my left arm. I was a bit surprised when the staff first inserted the needle, but let me tell you this again; It was not painful!

In fact, I actually felt relieved when I got my vaccine!

This photo is a screenshot I took from my action cam's video. The red oval shows the injection procedure, captured on my phone screen.

Once finished, I walked out of the vaccination room and gave my vaccination card to a staff at the waiting area counter, where they would fill in details such as date administered, batch number, vaccination centre, and expiry date. Then, I sat on one of the chairs for the vaccine recipients, until another staff called my name to give back my vaccination card, so I can finally go back home.

Once my name was called, I got my vaccination card back, and left Dewan Tun Dr. Ismail. On my way out, I was given free samples of Suu Balm itch relieving cream, and Redoxon effervescent Vitamin C tablet with a bottle of water. There are also photography booths where vaccine recipients can take photos, and I also asked one of them to take my photo.



Once settled, I left WTCKL for home. All I can say is, I am happy.


SIDE EFFECTS

There are no serious side effects as of now. The only side effect I experienced is mild pain at the injection site, and that's it.


That's all there is to write about. The End.


RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments: