24 December 2018

Comic Fiesta 2018 Day One, 22 December 2018 (Edited: 11/01/2019, 0146 Hrs)


Before I begin, I would like to express my condolences to the families of tsunami victims in Indonesia, which happened just recently.

It's almost the end of December, and Comic Fiesta is back again. In this new blog post, I am, once again, going to show my visit to Comic Fiesta on Day One. As an Anime otaku, I love ACG events, and I would almost always buy Early Bird tickets to the event, particularly Comic Fiesta. Also, just like in 2015, I once again cosplay as Conny Springer from Shingeki no Kyojin; And, as usual, avoiding myself from having my photos taken (some might do it secretly!). This post is also my first Comic Fiesta blog post with watermarked photos and all the photos taken have its dimensions reduced to 1500x1000.


ARRIVAL & ENTERING THE HALL


I arrived at KLCC (Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre) at about 8:17 a.m. On this year's event, there are slightly lesser Early Bird ticket holders queueing up than during last year. What hasn't changed, though, is the entrance where all of us were queueing up.



INSIDE THE HALLS

All of us Early Bird ticket holders got inside at about 9:20 a.m, only to wait for the gates inside the hall to be opened by the Comic Fiesta staff. Once the gates were opened at 9:30 a.m, all of us rushed inside. Once I got inside, as usual, I took photos of the exhibition booths.








On this year, I noticed one exhibitor is absent: Culture Japan. In all of my five years of Comic Fiesta Visit since 2013 (all are in this blog), Culture Japan would always make an appearance there. Only on this year, it didn't. While Culture Japan is absent, I noticed two new exhibitors: Azur Lane and miHoYo. Azur Lane is a Chinese side-scrolling naval battle game similar to Kantai Collection, while miHoYo is exhibiting the game Honkai Impact 3, which I used to play sometime ago.

miHoYo's Honkai Impact 3 booth.

Due to last year's pepper spray attack inside the exhibition halls, Comic Fiesta 2018 now has increased security, where KLCC staffs would make random bag checks for dangerous items. Among the items prohibited to be taken inside the halls are replica firearms where most MilSim cosplayers would use; I noticed a table near the entrance where prohibited items were placed after being confiscated by the KLCC staff.

This canopy also serves as a security checkpoint. This is where KLCC staffs would make bag checks.


More photos of the event can be viewed here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mabYHiCNHy1EpP1K7


AT THE STAGE


This year's opening ceremony was different than last year. Firstly, it started at 12:00 p.m, which is one hour late than last year. Secondly, the opening ceremony on that day is a long medley of Anime songs, and I can recognise a few song titles, among them is Cruel Angel's Thesis from Evangelion. The medley's duration is quite long; I recorded a video of it, but after 22 minutes, I gave up and left.

I also noticed that the Sony RX100 camera cut the 22-minute video into two parts; The first part lasted 17 minutes 12 seconds, the second part lasted 4 minutes, which is odd.

Another shot of the stage during the opening ceremony.


It was here that Canon EOS 450D I am using finally showed its limitations. While I love changing settings on my camera, I am often quite slow when doing it, as I need to find the right setting for a great photo. There are times when there is too much motion blur in my photos, and I also found out that carrying a DSLR in a crowded convention hall is somewhat inconvenient!

Although I happen to carry along my Sony RX100, I only use it to record the opening ceremony and medley, and that's it.


LUNCH, AT LA PETITE FOX


After I left the stage, I went to La Petite Fox, a fox-themed maid cafe in Comic Fiesta. As I have never been to maid cafes before, on this year's Comic Fiesta is also my first visit there for a meal.


After ordering my meal, one of the staffs, a waitress dressed in maid outfit and fox ears and tail accessory, showed me how the maids at a maid cafe in Japan do a 'magical charm' which supposedly make the food taste better, and I can only remember the first part which goes like this,

"Kitsune, kitsune, kitsune, moe POWER!"

The food, while being small (to a big eater like me, at least!), it tasted good, especially the orange cheesecake.


COSPLAYERS


As expected, there are cosplayers at Comic Fiesta. As for me, I would describe myself as a 'cosplayer photographer', where I took photos of cosplayers while cosplaying as Conny Springer at the same time.

While it is good to see many cosplayers at the event, there is this one group of Malay teen cosplayers which I find highly annoying and stupid, where they would cosplay while holding placards with written nonsense, and at the same time, giving an out-of-place religious sermon to some visitors there.

(Honestly, if I had wished it, I would have lost my temper and lash out at those idiots!)

Anyway, below are select few photos of cosplayers I took. More photos of cosplayers and the event can be viewed here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mabYHiCNHy1EpP1K7








These three cosplayers are from Azur Lane booth, and I only recognise one character: Atago (the one with black hair).





This is White Blood Cell from Hataraku Saibou.


To be continued on Day Two...

No comments:

Post a Comment