08 April 2018

TAGCC 2018, Day Two (Updated: 09/04, 0132 Hrs)

Outside Mid Valley Exhibition Centre, at the entrance to TAGCC 2018.

Continued from here, this is Day Two of TAGCC 2018. Unlike yesterday, I came early and waited until the gates are opened. Since I got in early, I feel much more comfortable, for the first 1 hour of the visit, that is.

ARRIVAL AND OPENING THE GATES

Queueing up inside, waiting for clearance from TAGCC staffs.

I arrived at about 8:29 a.m. and looked for an Early Bird ticket holders' queue. There is also a long queue where Future Card Buddyfight contestants need to register for the tournament. I waited until the gates opened at 9:15 a.m, where Early Bird ticket holders enter the event hall, only to wait for another 15 minutes before they are allowed to enter. While waiting, I took out my Day Two ticket and one of the vistors helped me putting it on, only to realise that I put it in a different direction...

These are Future Card Buddyfight contestants, signing up for the tournament.

INSIDE THE HALLS

The stage.

Once again, I would always do my 'standard operating procedure' when visiting any ACG events: take out my camera and start taking photos. Since I got in early, I feel much more comfortable when taking photos of the available exhibitions there. More photos of the event can be found here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TpFxZjtdBU04GxjI2

Anyway, what I posted here are a select few from the album. Below are the select photos in Hall 1:

Among the collection of figurines displayed at ShiokToys booth,

Harley Quinn figurine. Creepy!

Keith Haring and Winnie-The-Pooh Bearbrick figures. 

Morrigan Aensland figurine, 2P (Player 2) colour costume.
Megaman figurine.

Looks can be deceiving, don't you think? This is actually a diorama from the film Jurassic Park, but the T-Rex looked like it came into the event hall from that rolling shutter!

At Hall 2, I took some photos of the video game exhibits, and even tried the AR game by Hado Malaysia. To be honest, this was the first time I played it, and it was fun; Although I didn't win, it was a memorable experience. I played as one of the Blue Team players, battling against Red team, but lost 7 - 3. Although I didn't take a photo of the equipment I used, I did have photos on how it works and how it looks like when viewed on the TV placed there.

Honestly, though, this game really reminds me of what I used to play back when I was a kid, where me and my friends would shoot imaginary fireballs from our hands like what we usually see on video games like Street Figher or Mortal Kombat.

Below are a select number of photos at Hall 2:

At Hado Malaysia exhibit. While we can't see all those fireballs and shield here...

...this is where we can see them.
An advertisement for The Rift, a VR game centre located at Mid Valley itself. Hado Malaysia is also there too.





At Hall 3, I toured around the Artist Booth and the available sales booth, taking pictures along the way. Since I got in early, I have no problems taking photos there, and I have more free time to carefully focus and take a shot.

Below are a select number of photos at Hall 3:






INSIDE THE HALLS, CONTINUED

As usual, I toured around the event halls and took several photos of the exhibition, again and again. From figurines at Hall 1, to Bushiroad tournament section at Hall 2, and finally, the Artist Booth and sales booths at Hall 3. Nearing the exit, there is another exhibit by Lawak Kampus of Kadokawa Gempak Starz, a wall containing several artworks submitted by various artists and an R2-D2 and a Gatling gun model made from old, recycled metal parts.





Below is an image gallery of my personally selected photos taken during Day Two of TAGCC 2018:





COSPLAYERS

Unlike yesterday, I took more photos of cosplayers during Day Two, while the exhibition photos are lesser. And so, here are the select photos of the cosplayers:



What caught my eye here is what the cosplayer in the middle is holding...





CONCLUSION

I left the event hall at 1:00 p.m. and headed to the Komuter station to go home. It was a rather mixed feelings affair again, just like all of my ACG event visits before it. I was happy to be there, and the best experience ever was playing an AR game for the first time. I am also feeling depressed due to the fact that I have no real friends there, although I do feel happy just for a short conversation.

Then again, what do you expect from a battered NEET blogger like me?


RemainUnknown522 Out.