07 April 2018

TAGCC 2018, Day One (Updated: 08/04, 1742 Hrs)

TAGCC 2018 event guidebook.
In this new blog post, it's all about my visit to TAGCC 2018, held at Mid Valley Convention Centre. As I have bought the early bird tickets, I can simply go inside the event hall via the Early Bird queue.

This blog post will also be updated at random intervals, also possibly, after Day Two of TAGCC 2018. I am now in need of a rest as I am currently recovering from a cold.


ARRIVAL AT MID VALLEY


I arrived at Mid Valley at about 10:20 a.m, which is much later than I used to during Comic Fiesta. As it turns out, there are visitors who also bought Early Bird tickets have already queued up at the entrance as early as 7:00 a.m, and these are the first group of people to enter the halls. Sure, my late arrival does make me feel annoyed, but the good thing is, I don't need to wait for too long to enter the event hall!


INSIDE THE HALLS


As usual, like during Comic Fiesta, I started taking photos of the exhibitions inside the halls. I took photos of the booths and its figurine exhibits. I also had the chance to take photos of an opening ceremony and speech by Datuk Seri Mirza Mohammad Taiyab, the Director General of Tourism Malaysia; Also, I recorded a video of a stage performance by Luna Lorrain, a violinist. Trouble is, as usual, blurry photos due to malfunctioned SteadyShot, neccesitating me to take a photo of a subject more than once to get the best possible photos.

More photos of the whole event can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/IMjYFY33ecZqGrkl1

Datuk Seri Mirza Mohammad Taiyab giving a speech during the opening ceremony.
Luna Lorrain performing the song Butter-fly from Digimon Adventure. I only managed to record a video of her next performance later.
Hot Toys exhibition.
This frozen in carbonite Han Solo is made of pewter.
Yatterman figurines: Gan Takada, Ai Kaminari and Yatter-Wan.


At Hall 1, there are exhibition booths by Royal Selangor, ShiokToys, and many others, where I took a number of photos of the figurines exhibited there. To be honest, I was actually feeling upset on that day, but that did not last long, due to a funny incident which happened at Infinity Studio exhibition.



At the Infinity Studio exhibition, I was touring around when I saw a visitor, taking his smartphone and focused on a Mai Shiranui figurine. Guess what? That said visitor focused ridiculously close on the figurine's boobs, only to cause his friend behind him to notice and kick him in the butt! The moment I saw that, I laughed, because it reminds me of a Manzai comedy skit I sometimes see on Anime shows! Not only that, the said visitor also done the same thing, that is, focusing the smartphone's camera on the figurine's butt while his friend laughed at it!

Well, knowing Mai Shiranui's somewhat revealing attire, I took photos of it in a more 'proper' angle. By looking at the four photos below, you'll understand why I took the figurine's photo from the front...


Other than exhibition booths, there are also card game tournaments being held there. There are also sales booths, where visitors can come and buy any merchandise they want; And there is an Augmented Reality (AR) simulation exhibit by Hado Malaysia. Not only that, I noticed a Lucky Draw booth located at Hall 2, where visitors would need to use a vending machine and pay RM10 to select one of the displayed mystery boxes. Inside those boxes are random Lucky Draw prizes, including a card telling what the person has won, and one of the lucky draw prizes there is a PlayStation 4 video game console.


Bushiroad card tournament area.
Kadokawa Gempak Starz booth.
A DTM BMW E30 M3 car, near JL Hobby booth.
This vending machine contains mystery boxes; Inside the boxes are random Lucky Draw prizes.

It may seem fun at first, but I would personally avoid these. Why? Because I hate lucky draws and I don't believe in luck. Not only that, I think it's kinda wasteful. What's the point paying RM10 just to expect winning something expensive like a PS4, only to end up winning something that could have been priced lower than RM10?

Then again, this is just my opinion; You don't have to agree with it, and I never ask or force anyone to.


INSIDE THE HALLS (CONTINUED)

At the Artist Booth, Hall 3.

Moving on, I toured around Hall 3 and took photos of the available booths. Since TAGCC 2018 was co-organised by Comic Fiesta, it is no surprise when I saw Comic Fiesta booth and La Petite Fox Cafe's booth there. Not only that, there are familiar booths such as Kadokawa Gempak Starz, VBG Network and Kinokuniya. Not only that, with the Artist Booth at Hall 3, I already have a feeling like visiting Comic Fiesta again, although it was currently in early April.

TAGCC 2018 Stamp Hunt. I got two stamps here.

There is also a Stamp Hunt, similar to last year's Comic Fiesta Stamp Rally, being held there. All one need to do is to go to the booths marked with an X on the map inside the guide book and mark with a stamp at the last page of it. I managed to obtain two stamps, that is, until I decided to quit.


COSPLAYERS

At TAGCC 2018, like all ACG events, there are cosplayers. As for me, I decided not to cosplay on both days and chose to focus on photography instead. Below is an image gallery of the available cosplayers on that day:


Right after that, I went home at about 2:00 p.m, concluding my Day One visit to TAGCC 2018.

These are what I bought there: Nagisa Shiota pin badge and Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou postcard and pin badge set, all bought at VBG Network booth.


To be continued on Day Two.