11 February 2018

Unemployment Bashing: Just Another Form Of 'Clickbaiting' (Updated: 03/09, 2005 Hrs)

WARNING: PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THE CONTENTS IN THIS POST WILL OFFEND CERTAIN READERS. IF YOU WISH TO READ, THEN PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. I SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU'RE OFFENDED WITH THIS POST.

This screenshot of a news article from BERNAMA on December last year, shared by The Reporter a.k.a. My Media Hub, is a notorious example of unemployment bashing as a form of Clickbaiting practiced by viral media websites.


(DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT CONDONE ANY FORM OF CRIMINAL ACTS AND I DISCOURAGE ANYONE TO BE JOBLESS. WHAT WAS POSTED HERE IS PROOF TO OUR MEDIA'S SELECTIVE HATRED TOWARDS THE JOBLESS.)

Clickbait. This is what viral media on the Internet relies on to generate the most number of page views from visitors. Unsurprisingly, one of the most effective clickbaits is none other than showing the evils of the unemployed, or, to be more exact, UNEMPLOYMENT BASHING.



HOW DOES IT WORK

Viral news websites generate page views from visitors by publishing sensational articles on their website much like tabloid newspapers did (example: KOSMO!). Articles such as male bashing, domestic violence perpetrated by husbands, ghosts and paranormal stories, celebrity stories, good deeds by people who have jobs, and crimes perpetrated by the unemployed are the ones I usually encounter there. These six examples are what makes viral media popular.

As the title says, one of the most effective clickbaits is unemployment bashing, and most of these are crime news or some Facebook post shared by a witness to crimes such as robbery and theft.

Below are examples of blatant unemployment-bashing I found on viral media websites, and also as living proof to why I abhor unemployment bashing:


THE REPORTER A.K.A. MY MEDIA HUB

Originally called My Media Hub and using Blogspot format, this viral media website publishes viral news like many other viral media sites like, for example, SiakapKeli. As usual, unemployment bashing is quite rampant here, and the admin of both the website and Facebook page of it enjoys bashing the unemployed and is proud of it!

This is the result I get when I use Google Search. As expected, I can say that the majority of the search result will show only the evils of the unemployed!

This Facebook post, written by a witness to a crime and shared by The Reporter, looks normal at first...

that is, until the last line of the post appeared (marked in red). As expected, unemployment bashing!
This 10th November 2017 news article from mStar, shared by The Reporter, is about an unemployed man kicking a BNM (Bank Negara Malaysia) employee. The title is obvious, do I need to say more?

(UPDATE: 04/03/2018) Below is a photomerge of the latest article shared by The Reporter about a jobless man in Indonesia killing his wife for berating his joblessness. Although the incident happened in Indonesia, I already knew that the admin deliberately choose that article to be shared at its website as a form of clickbaiting to increase page views. I don't want to say anything about a similar post on their Facebook, as I already know what's happening there, particularly, at the COMMENTS SECTION!

Honestly, I am both speechless and highly angered by this. Although I AM NOT DEFENDING THE JOBLESSS MAN'S CRIMINAL ACT, I am still angered by this, particularly, by the admin's biased actions when sharing news articles.

Seriously, WHAT'S THE FUN IN DOING THIS? 



(UPDATE: 19/06/2018) Below are another two screenshots of a Bernama news article shared by The Reporter. This time, it's about an unemployed man who was sentenced to 3 weeks in prison for stealing RM 304 worth of sweets from Hospimart Shoppe in Hospital Kuala Lumpur. The title and the admin's actions are already obvious, do I need to repeat myself?




(UPDATE: 09/08/2018) As expected, The Reporter did it again. Below are another two screenshots of a KOSMO! article taken fom Harian Metro about an unemployed man being sentenced to 20 years in prison and caned 35 times for rape and robbery.




MYNEWSHUB.CC (NOW KNOWN AS MYNEWSHUB.TV)

This website is just as notorious, and it even has its own tag for news about the unemployed! (https://www.mynewshub.cc/tag/penganggur/)

Just look at the screenshot of Google Search and the website itself below and you'll know what I mean. There's more to this, but I can only show a select number of it.

This is another result I get when I use Google Search. Just by looking at the result shows how blatant the hatred for the unemployed the website owner is! In fact, I can say that almost 100% of the search result will show only the evils of the unemployed!
This Mynewshub.cc's page is PROUDLY tagged 'penganggur' (unemployed), which shows almost 100% of the evils of the unemployed!
This BERNAMA news article, shared by Mynewshub.cc on 1st February, is a news about an unemployed man being sentenced to death for murder.


THECOVERAGE.MY, BAHASA MELAYU EDITION

Although this website was not as notorious as the other two I showed earlier, one article shared by this website on 26th September 2016, which was taken from Sinar Harian, caught my eye as the most offensive and blatant unemployment-bashing article I've ever seen. As usual, the stereotypes of the unemployed are blatantly depicted here!

Not only that, one woman's confession written in the article also PROUDLY tells about how she divorced her unemployed husband!

Take a look at these screenshots of the said article and you'll know what I mean!






CONCLUSION

So what else am I gonna write now, after exposing viral media's unemployment bashing as a form of clickbaiting? Nothing!

I know that this article is also another form of clickbaiting, and I can sense the hatred coming from everyone reading this.

Then again, I'm a NEET, and I only deserve hate and scorn from everyone, right?

After all, the jobless are nothing but 'Living Punching Bags', they only deserve hate, scorn and punishments, even if they show a sense of morality!


RemainUnknown522 Out.