16 December 2017

Comic Fiesta 2017 Day One Report, 16/12/2017 (Updated: 18/12, 0100 Hrs)


Today is exactly one year have passed since Comic Fiesta 2016, and this blog post is, once again, is about that same ACG event held once a year every December called Comic Fiesta. Unlike last year, which was held at PWTC's Dewan Tun Razak, this year's Comic Fiesta is held at KL Convention Centre.

This post also marks the first live, periodically updated post in this blog, as most of the photos are uploaded after it was taken from my Sony Xperia ZR smartphone.


ENTERING THE HALLS


I arrived at KL Convention Centre at 8:39 a.m. And, as usual, queueing up along with the Early Bird ticket holders. However, unlike the one in 2013 and 2014, all of us entered the halls from the Loading Bay located behind the convention centre. As I have learnt from my previous Comic Fiesta visits, I carried along a fan (second photo below) and a towel to cool myself off and wipe the sweat off my hands and face, as it tends to get hot there.

To make matters worse, there's a sewer beneath us...

Queueing up.
The fan I got from last year's Comic Fiesta. You can even clearly see the sweat on my wrist!

INSIDE THE HALLS

All of us Early Bird ticket holders got in as early as 9:00 a.m., but due to the long queue, I got stuck outside, just at the Loading Bay. I finally got inside the halls at about 9:35 a.m., and still getting stuck, mostly because of the goodie bags giveaway counter located in front of me. Once I got mine, I started to take photos of the available booths. But, as always, the neverending photobombing due to the huge crowd really makes me extremely annoyed and uncomfortable.

As it turns out, MIECC and PWTC Tun Razak Hall are somewhat better venues for photography, as it has a mezzanine floor for taking photos of the booths from there. Not only that, at KL Convention Centre, I can't gain access to the available mezzanine above the event halls, as the staff wouldn't allow it.

Below are photos from the queue-up to the inside of the halls. More photos are located here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aqOnzagx32MvE3Ph1



One of the Smart Dolls exhibited at Culture Japan's booth, holding a Touch 'n Go card.

TO THE STAGE

Just like in 2014, Comic Fiesta 2017's stage is located at the Grand Ballroom. After learning from my mistake back in 2014, I decided to go there to watch the opening ceremony of Comic Fiesta 2017. Once I got there, I took a number of photos of the stage and recorded a video of the opening ceremony.

Best thing about the Grand Ballroom is that it was much cooler than the event hall below (good reason for that, because there aren't that many people there), so I can finally cool down and rest after being drenched in my own sweat!

Making my way to the Grand Ballroom.
Inside the Grand Ballroom.




Right after watching the opening ceremony, I went to a nearby counter to use a rubber stamp on the last page of the guide book. Turns out, there is a Stamp Rally on this year's Comic Fiesta, where visitors must visit five different places marked with an 'X' on the map (floor plan), and once all five rubber stamps have been stamped on the page, one shall get a free gift (called 'special prize' here).

This is the last page of the guide book, where visitors must use a rubber stamp to stamp one of the available boxes.

I stamped the first one, right after the opening ceremony. Although I stamped another box after that, I didn't take a photo of it.


COSPLAYERS

Below are photos of cosplayers I took on Day One. More photos are located in my Google Photos image gallery:

            





I left Comic Fiesta at 2:00 p.m. and this is what I bought there:

A keychain of ENE from Mekakucity Actors, bought at Kadokawa GempakStarz booth.


To be continued on Day Two.