18 December 2017

Comic Fiesta 2017 Day Two Report, 17/12/2017 (Updated: 19/12, 2324 Hrs)


(UPDATE: 19/12/2017) Before I begin, as a blogger and also a cosplayer, I strongly condemn the Pepper Spray Attack which happened at Comic Fiesta 2017 Day Two at 7.00 p.m, and I hoped that this kind of incident shall never happen again next time. Click here for more info.

Continued from here, this is a blog post of Comic Fiesta 2017 Day Two. On that day, I decided to use my camera despite having a malfunctioned SteadyShot, although Anti-Motion Blur and Superior Auto modes do help a bit. Somehow, this makes me feel nostalgic, as photos from my previous Comic Fiesta visits are taken using a camera without image stabilisation; Expect some motion blur in some of the photos.

Finally, unlike yesterday's post, this post will be published once all photos and videos have been uploaded and posted here.


ENTERING THE HALLS 

As usual, Day Two has lesser visitors than Day One. I arrived much earlier at 8:00 a.m. and queueing up almost four minutes later, thanks to the 6:40 a.m. Komuter train ride to KL Sentral; And also, the Kelana Jaya Line LRT's arrival at the platform the same time I got up there!

Below are photos of the queue-up:

The first photo of that day, taken at 8:04 a.m.

This photo was taken 44 minutes after the first photo above. Here, the queue has moved closer to the entrance.

Inside the halls, before the gates are opened to visitors.


At 9:00 a.m., all of us who already have the tickets began to enter the halls, but the gates inside are not yet opened. It was only 30 minutes later that the gate opened, that all of the visitors and me rushed in.

Below are two videos of it:




INSIDE THE HALLS

As usual, after the gates are opened, I took my chance in taking photos of the exhibition again. Only this time, I decided to use my camera with a malfunctioned image stabilisation, making it feel like my old Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W1 I used to have. Thankfully, this camera's Anti-Motion Blur and Superior Auto mode helps a bit in reducing motion blur in photos.

I took my time visiting the available booths, and on both days, I noticed some Ecchi artworks on the artbooths (NSFW warning!), and there are even Ecchi-rated dakimakuras available at the sales booths. And, guess what? One of those characters available in a dakimakura is Astolfo, an otokonoko (feminine-looking male) character from the anime Fate/Apocrypha.

Guess the otokonoko genre really is popular right now...

Other than the frequent photobombing inside the halls, I noticed that there are a number of 'traffic jams' due to cosplay photography conducted near the exhibition booths. If I remember correctly, that was prohibited, as written in Comic Fiesta guide book. And speaking of photobombing, I sometimes ended up accidentally photobombing others on Day Two of the event!

Below are the select photos I took inside the event hall. More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iTOuozLof1BnM3SV2











AT THE STAGE



I went up to the Grand Ballroom for the second time, right after I completed my Stamp Rally (this will be explained later). There, I watched a performance by Higashi Kitty and taking a rest while updating Day One's blogpost. I left the Grand Ballroom after Higashi Kitty's last song and went outside to take photos of the cosplayers.


STAMP RALLY, CONTINUED

On Day Two of Comic Fiesta, I decided to continue the Stamp Rally after stamping at the Grand Ballroom and La Petite Fox maid cafe, a day earlier. My third stamp was at the Creative Factor Panel Room; The fourth one was at the Ticket Counter, and this was right after changing into my Conny Springer cosplay. Finally, the last was at Coffytiam booth, where there is a bigger stamp to mark the completion of the Stamp Rally.

The third stamp, Coffy (or was it Mi?), at Creative Factor Panel Room.

This is where a Pokemon tournament was held. Behind it is the changing room.

At the Ticket Counter for the fourth stamp.

The fourth stamp, Tea, at the Ticket Counter.

Queueing up for my last stamp, at Coffytiam booth.

At Coffytiam booth, waiting for that last stamp.

Stamp Rally completed. The stamps, Michael and the Comic Fiesta 2017 stamp, at Coffytiam booth. And my reward is...

A 2018 calendar!


COSPLAYERS

While the venue of choice this year was not good for booth photography due to the restricted access to the mezzanine; Outside, however, is a good place for cosplay photography, due to a lot of outdoor lighting. In fact, I took more photos on Day Two, and there are more cosplayer photos on Day Two of the event than Day One. I even noticed unusual cosplays, including a Raja Bomoh cosplay.

Below are photos of them, some can be found in my Google Photos image gallery here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/iTOuozLof1BnM3SV2




One of the few and rather unusual cosplays: Raja Bomoh!
These are Eustace and Muriel Bagge cosplays from Courage the Cowardly Dog.
A WWII Japanese soldier cosplay. I wonder, where is Sergeant Hassan?
Ghostbusters cosplay.

On Day Two, I noticed that there are lesser Shingeki no Kyojin cosplayers than on Day One, much to my disappointment. In fact, with me included, there are about seven people (I've lost count, actually) cosplaying as characters from Shingeki no Kyojin on Day Two. The popular characters are, as usual, Eren and Levi. As for me, I can say that I am the one and only Conny Springer cosplayer there.

Still, it is good to see these Shingeki no Kyojin cosplayers there. Guess I am not alone, for that moment...

This is one of the Shingeki no Kyojin cosplayers I've met there, cosplaying as Eren Jaeger. This photo was taken before I change back to my regular clothes. (Situation: Conny taking a photo of Eren???)

CONCLUSION

To conclude this blog post, I can say that Comic Fiesta 2017 brings back the memories of three years past. In 2014, I went to my first two-day Comic Fiesta visit at KL Convention Centre and cosplayed as Conny Springer on Day Two. This year, I repeated the exact same thing, and it was a memorable experience for me.

Unfortunately, I still have mixed feelings regarding my Day Two visit. My feet hurts badly, and I have begun to lose concentration on my blog posting today, especially, the photos. It was made worse by the stresses of my long-term unemployment, combined with problems with my bad health conditions, problems with my only photography tool and writer's block.

Anyway, I can put that aside for now, thanks to the happy memory of three years past coming back on this year's Comic Fiesta.

And that's all there is to write. The End.


RemainUnknown522 Out.