28 September 2017

At Mid Valley Megamall, 27/09/2017

Yesterday was the second time I went to Mid Valley Megamall; except this time, I was there to buy Comic Fiesta 2017 Early Bird tickets. As it turns out, Ace Cards & Collectibles also sells them for quite a while now (I didn't know about it); so now, I can no longer need to go to Kinokuniya again to buy them.

DEPARTURE

Just like last January, I brought my mother along for this trip. Both of us arrived at Bangi Komuter station at 9:25 a.m. and waited for the 9:40 a.m. train. As I am highly fascinated with trains and railway, I took my time taking photos of the station and a reserve train arriving at Platform 2.

The reserve train SCS 09 at Platform 2.

Once the 9:40 a.m. train arrived, both of us boarded it to Mid Valley Megamall.


BUYING THE EARLY BIRD TICKETS

Both of us arrived at Mid Valley Komuter station at 10:25 a.m. and stopped by at a food stall inside AEON BIG for a drink first, since the stall only start serving food at about 11:45 a.m. And so, we left the food stall and headed straight to the 3rd Floor, where Ace Cards & Collectibles is located. I immediately went into the shop and bought the tickets.

Ace Cards & Collectibles, located at the 3rd Floor's Mezzanine.
Finally bought them. Comic Fiesta 2017 Early Bird tickets.

NOKIA ROADSHOW

After buying the ticket, both of us went to AEON department store first for my mother to do some clothes shopping. Right after that, we left the department store and encountered a roadshow by Nokia, where they are displaying and selling their latest Android smartphones and also, the 2017 reboot of the Nokia 3310.

Nokia roadshow, at North Court, Mid Valley Megamall.
A display of phones available for sale at the roadshow.
At the roadshow, while my mother went to a nearby clothes boutique, I took my chance in trying out the Nokia phones displayed there, from the reboot of the famous Nokia 3310 to the flagship Nokia 8. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to record a video there and only choose to take photos instead.

The Nokia 8, a flagship model. Priced at RM2299.
One of the first models I tried is the Nokia 8. The most expensive of the five available phones (priced at RM2299), it comes equipped with two 13 megapixel cameras with ZEISS optics and optical image stabilisation. At the booth, one of the salesmen demonstrated two of the camera's features; Live Bokeh and Dual-Sight. The Dual-Sight feature is perhaps the most interesting feature of the phone, where one can take two photos simultaneously in one frame: one photo from the main camera and another one from the selfie camera, hence the newly-coined term, 'Bothie'.
I haven't tested the phone's OZO Audio feature yet, so I can't comment about.

The Nokia 3, 5 and 6, displayed along with its price tag.
Next was the first three Android smartphones by Nokia, the Nokia 3, 5 and 6. Of the three of these phones tried, I chose to try the Nokia 5 the longest, since I am highly interested with this model. I also personally loved the Tempered Blue colour option for the phone, as I find it the most beautiful. The 5.2 inch, 720x1280 display was good, although its resolution is similar to the Nokia 3 and smaller than the Nokia 6 (1080x1920) and Nokia 8 (1440x2560).

Since Nokia's Android interface is purely stock and untouched (Vanilla), and with me getting used to Sony and Samsung's Android interface for a long time, I do feel a little bit uncomfortable at first. The Nokia's camera interface do confuse me at first, but hey, it takes time to learn and master it. Not only that, the two Android smartphones that caught my eye the most (Nokia 5 and 8) were also quite big in the hand. Good reason for that, since the Nokia 5's screen is 5.2 inches, while the one on Nokia 8 is 5.3 inches. Even bigger than the two is the Nokia 6, with its 5.5 inch screen.

The 2017 reboot of the Nokia 3310.
Finally is the 2017 reboot of the Nokia 3310, essentially sharing the same model name and design cues from the original one launched 17 years ago, but with a number of newer features including Bluetooth, a microUSB port, a 3.5mm headphone jack (Nokia originally used a 2.5mm headphone jack) and a 2 megapixel camera.

Handling this phone immediately reminded me of my first Nokia phone, the Nokia 3315 (similar to Nokia 3310, but with minor differences). However, I noticed that this 2017 reboot of the Nokia 3310 is thinner and slightly wider. Not only that, it uses Nokia's Series 30+ operating system.

After visiting the roadshow, both me and my mother went back to the same food stall for lunch, where we finally went home after that.

RemainUnknown522 Out.