29 October 2016

RemainUnknown522's Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk with Oats Review

It has been a while since I last drank Nestlé Omega Plus®, a milk drink which contains 'acticol' that can reduce one's cholesterol levels. Not only that, since I am also consuming Quaker Oats in order to control my cholesterol levels, I even thought of combining Quaker Oats and Nestlé Omega Plus® milk in one to enjoy the cholesterol-reducing benefits.

And so, on 24th May 2016, Nestlé Malaysia launched Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk with Oats, a milk and cereal drink which consists of Nestlé Omega Plus® milk and oatmeal.

So how does it taste? Click 'Read more' below to read my review of the product.


THE CONTENTS



As shown in the photo above, this product came in one of these 42g sachets of Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk with Oats (a total of 10). Unfortunately, I didn't have a photo of the large pack containing all of the ten sachets of the product, as I had threw it away after I moved all of the sachets into a plastic jar.



This is a photo of the contents of the sachet inside the mug. The mug used for this is small and holds 200ml of water, which is the recommended amount for it.

The moment I had poured the contents into the mug, I can conclude that this drink's concept is similar to another Nestlé product called NESTUM; all one have to do is just open the sachet, pour the contents into a mug and finally, pour some hot water into the mug and enjoy.


THE TASTE

Although I have to wait for a while to cool it down, it was well worth it. It tasted OK, although I need to use a spoon for it, as the oats tended to sink into the bottom of the mug. As mentioned above, it is a similar concept to NESTUM, although this one uses only oatmeal and Nestlé Omega Plus® milk.

If there are any drawbacks about this drink, I'd say that the oatmeal used for this drink appears to be smaller than the Quaker Oats that I used to eat. To be honest, though, when it comes to the oatmeal itself (without the Nestlé Omega Plus® milk, that is), I prefer the Quaker Oats over this, as the Quaker Oats tasted slightly better.

Does this mean that I didn't like this drink? No, not at all! In fact, I liked it!

As I have drank Nestlé Omega Plus® milk before, it tasted good. By combining the milk with oatmeal, it gives drinkers two cholesterol-reducing benefits while the milk slightly improves the taste of the oatmeal.

Sure, it is probably a good idea to buy both Quaker Oats and Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk to create a drink similar to this, but I believe Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk with Oats is already enough to provide the benefits of oatmeal and the milk, and also, a slightly improved taste. Not only that, I think it is cheaper to buy one pack of Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk with Oats (almost RM18 for one pack at 99 Speedmart) than buying both Quaker Oats and Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk (RM35-RM50 for both) to create a similar drink.


CONCLUSION

The Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk with Oats is a great drink that provides two cholesterol-reducing benefits of oatmeal and Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk. This drink is a good choice for those who want to enjoy two cholesterol-reducing properties of oatmeal and Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk in one mug. Not only that, by combining oatmeal with Nestlé Omega Plus® Milk, it also slightly improves the taste of the oatmeal. After all, not everyone likes eating 'kosong' oatmeal (an oat porridge made with hot water only), with me included!

Will I recommend it to anyone? Yes. No doubt about it.

RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments: