30 October 2016

Why Fruit Slices Makes An Oat Porridge Better

A small bowl of oat porridge with orange slices.

Ever since I almost died due to heart problems (caused by hypertension) back in 2012, I started consuming oat porridge with some fruit slices such as oranges in order to recover from it. Although I have consumed oat porridge earlier than that, I stopped consuming them before 2011, mostly because it doesn't taste good.

And so, in this new blog post, I am going to write about the benefits of consuming oat porridge with fruit slices.

Whenever I watched an advertisement on TV showing oatmeal products (Quaker Oats), I noticed that the serving suggestion displayed on the TV ads often included fruit slices in them. At first, I was thinking that it was incorrect to consume oat porridge with fruits, as my family would always make 'kosong' (plain) oat porridges for consumption.

As it turns out, I was wrong, and It was also here that I discovered the benefits of it.

In mid-2012, I started to include banana, orange, and apple slices, and even dates (kurma) in my oat porridge, as I found that these fruits are good for the heart and also, reduces blood pressure. The result was surprising: the use of fruit slices improved the taste of the oatmeal porridge so much!

Although I now have no problems eating 'kosong' oat porridge, I personally loved consuming oat porridge with fruit slices even more, because it tasted better. Not only the oat porridge is good for reducing cholesterol, the use of fruit slices is also good for those who dislike eating plain oat porridge, and the fruits also provides health benefits too.

In the end, all I can say is that Fruit Slices Makes An Oat Porridge Better.

RemainUnknown522 Out.