09 November 2014

LOW-LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY

A crescent moon and a morning star (Venus), the moon's full shape appears to be visible. f/4.9, 2.5 s exposure, ISO100.

In this new blog post, I'm going to show you my selected low-light photos that I took using my Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 digital camera. I bought this camera on 20th January 2014 to replace my Sony Cyber-Shot W1 that has stopped functioning since mid-2011. This camera uses a 1" type image sensor, which is capable of delivering clean and noise-free images at 20.2 megapixels.

Photos below:

Moon shot. f/4.9, 1/1000 s exposure, ISO400, spot metering.
Night sky with stars and minimum cloud cover. f/1.8, 10 s exposure, ISO125.
Night sky with stars, some cloud cover and house roofline. f/1.8, 30 s exposure, ISO80, spot metering.
A Coca-Cola trishaw at an-Nur Ancasa Express hotel, Penang. f/1.8, 1/25 s exposure, ISO800.
MATAHARI House of Antiques, Penang. f/1.8, 1/30 s exposure, ISO500.
Fire hydrant. f/1.8, 1/20 s exposure, ISO1000.
Sparklers. f/4.9, 1/15 s exposure, ISO3200.
At my housing area, misty conditions. f/1.8, 1/13 s exposure, ISO800.
The last four photos below are photos of what appears to be an Asian palm civet on a utility pole electric cable. I first saw this civet one night last year, where I saw it traversing on a cable. I took a photo and video of it, but since I used my old phone camera at that time, it was noisy and unclear. Now with the Sony RX100 in my hands, I finally managed to capture three clear, hi-res photos of the said animal on September 3rd at 12:47 a.m. The first and second photos are taken at 1x optical zoom, while the third photo is taken at the maximum 3.6x optical zoom, where the civet's distinctive features can be seen very clearly. Lastly, the fourth photo is a cropped third photo of the said animal.

The first photo, taken at 1x optical zoom. f/1.8, 13 s exposure, ISO80.
The second photo, taken at the same setting: f/1.8, 13 s exposure, ISO80.
The third photo, taken at maximum optical zoom. f/4.9, 30 s exposure, ISO80.
The photo of the said animal, cropped from the third photo.

You can also download the full resolution photos here: Low Light Photography - Google+ Photo Album

RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment