17 October 2014

UNEMPLOYMENT

To be honest, I am currently unemployed and a NEET since late 2007. And based on my latest post here, I am actually expressing my anger towards the people who lashed out at me due to my unemployment without knowing what problems I am experiencing here.

So what are the problems I am currently experiencing?

First, is my health problems; I once suffered a nasty head injury as a child, but the effects of my injury didn't show up until a few years ago. As a result of this, I noticed that my skills have been somewhat diminished. What's worst is that I have also suffered from high blood pressure and heart problems, and these two illnesses nearly killed me.

Second, is difficulty in getting a decent job here; I once tried to get a job at a shop owned by an acquaintance of mine, but I was stopped by my parents, as they are concerned that I might end up being a drug mule. Not only that, I did found a perfect job, but I was not qualified to get that job due to strict qualification requirements. And lastly, I once found a job that meets my qualification requirements, but it turned out to be the worst job for me and I quit job hunting forever.


WHY I HATE PEOPLE WHO HAVE JOBS

Thanks to the people who lashed out at me due to my unemployment (it was my eldest sister, her husband and my mother's younger sister, actually), I now hate people who have jobs. To me, they think that they have a job and money, means they have absolute rights to insult people who are unemployed. They also seem to think that ALL unemployed people are nothing but freeloaders who live off of their parents' money like a parasite, when in reality, there are some unemployed people who are actually looking for a job and they (the unemployed) never brag about it!

I also find the mass media to be somewhat offensive. Why I said this? It's because, lately, a number of news articles are showing the negatives of the unemployed, the latest (as of the date of this post) is about a 43-year old unemployed man accused for murder (read here, the article is in Malay language). I believe some people, after reading the said news articles, would choose to hate ALL unemployed people, sometimes, to the point of accusing an innocent unemployed person as a dangerous criminal.


WHAT I DO AT HOME NOW

So what am I doing now as an unemployed person? Laze around all day and living off of my parents' money like they always say? NO!

I have helped my parents A LOT, as my two elder sisters are currently living with their husbands and both of them already have children. I occasionally helped my mother with the housework, running errands for her, and helping my father, who just had his right leg amputated late June this year and now confined to a wheelchair (update: deceased as of 23rd February 2015). Since I am jobless, I also tried participating in contests as an alternative way to get money, but the results are horribly disappointing.


WHY I STARTED BLOGGING

So now, I turn to blogging as means to make a living, and I actually started this blog out of my anger towards the people who lashed out at my unemployment. While I do love to write, I have problems in deciding what article I should write here, thanks to my head injury. However, since I enjoy going to conventions like Comic Fiesta and my love for Japanese Anime, I might consider writing and publishing articles about them.

As for writing this blog to make a living, sure, it takes a very long time for the results to show, but I guess I have no choice but to hang on to it.

To conclude this post, I have something to say to the readers of this blog:

"Don't you despise me just because I am unemployed,
Don't you forget me just because I am unemployed,
I am just a normal person who wants to live a happy life."

(source: Sudirman Hj. Arshad's song "Aku Penganggur," translated from Malay to English)

RemainUnknown522 Out.