29 December 2014

Comic Fiesta 2014, Two-Day Coverage, Part 1

Comic Fiesta 2014 banner, taken on Day One.
Before I begin this topic, I would like to, first of all, pray for the safety and well-being of the survivors of the recent flood that struck a number of states in Peninsular Malaysia, and also, praying that the flood would subside in areas that are affected by it. And lastly, I would like to express my deepest condolences to the families of victims onboard the AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 (as of 30th December 2014). My thoughts and prayers be with them.

Now back to the main topic. In this new blog post, it is about my visit to Comic Fiesta 2014 on 27th and 28th December. I decided to go there on both days due to the fact that I have bought the Early Bird tickets.


DAY ONE

I arrived at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre at 8:06 a.m. and started queueing up at the early bird ticket holders' queue four minutes after that. On that day, all early bird ticket holders would sit down at the hall's waiting area, while the on-site ticket buyers would pass through the waiting area and queue up at last year's spot. And on that same day too, when Comic Fiesta opens, both the early birds and the on-site ticket buyers would enter the halls at the same time.

Once inside, I took a number of photos, but to be honest, the area is totally jam-packed to the point that I have to raise my arms high in order to take the photos. Although there is a platform that photographers would go up to via a staircase, I didn't go up there, as the Comic Fiesta staff may not allow it. Not only that, this year's Comic Fiesta is actually held on two floors; one is at the halls on Ground floor. Secondly, is at the Third floor's Grand Ballroom where the main stage was placed, and there are games tournament held there, such as Pokemon ΩRαS and UMVC & USF IV tournament, and lastly, is Freeplay Games. Unfortunately, I didn't go up to the Third floor's Grand Ballroom on both days, as I actually forgot about it.

Since Culture Japan has set up a booth here, I even had the chance to see Danny Choo up close, although I didn't manage to take a photo of him as I was busy taking photos of the booth. And lastly, I did not cosplay on Day One. Instead, I decided to cosplay on Day Two.

Below is an image gallery and two videos of the queue-up and the opening of Comic Fiesta at 9:30 a.m.:





Also below are image galleries during Day One:

INSIDE THE HALLS



SALES & EXHIBITION BOOTHS


CULTURE JAPAN BOOTH




GOOD SMILE COMPANY FIGURE EXHIBITION



OUTSIDE THE CONVENTION CENTRE



COSPLAYERS


To be continued in Part Two. (Click here to go to Part Two)

RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment