01 January 2023

Comic Fiesta 2022 (ANTI-WEEB SHITPOSTERS, GET THE F**K OFF!)


Before I begin, I would like to wish whoever reading this a Happy New Year.

Anyway, it has been a while since I stopped writing. Honestly, I am too stressed to write due to creative block and the COVID-19 pandemic. Although things have gotten better now, I am honestly stressed by the damage done by the pandemic, and I am also furious by the toxicity and stupidity of religious extremists who openly defended the coronavirus.

After two years of hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Comic Fiesta is finally back on 17th and 18th December 2022. Just like last time in 2019, Comic Fiesta is held at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC). However, unlike all the Comic Fiesta exhibitions before it, this year's Comic Fiesta no longer have on-site ticketing, so visitors must buy the early bird tickets to visit the event.

Although I admit that using social media sites (example: Facebook) is much better than blogging, I decided to stick to blogging. Besides, social media sites are highly notorious for toxic netizens who seem to enjoy hurting others for fun; Hence the term, 'Facebook depression.'

And so, allow me to proceed with this writing.

Oh, and to those 'anti-weeb shitposters' who are stalking my blog, GET THE F**K OFF!


DAY ONE

Arriving at KLCC (KL Convention Centre).

I left home at about 6:30 a.m. Taking the earliest Komuter train at 7:02 a.m. to KL Sentral, I arrived at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre at 8:20 a.m. Once there, as expected, there is a long queue. In fact, it is way longer than back in 2019. As it turns out, visitors have already started queueing up at 4:30 a.m, and some are said to have queued up since Friday night!

Once inside, I roamed around to take photos of the available booths and exhibitions. On this year, Comic Fiesta placed exhibitor booths at the Ground Floor, while the art market and cosplay booths are placed on the Third Floor Ballroom, and the stage is located at the same floor. I went to the stage to watch the opening ceremony, but there wasn't any. Instead, I managed to watch the '60 Seconds Of Anything' performance by contestants. One thing missing on this year is the cosplayers's changing room.

Outside, I took a few photos of available cosplayers. On Day One, I focus on taking photos of the exhibitors and stage. It was on Day Two that I took more photos of cosplayers, except it was not as much as in my previous visits. There's even a live concert by Konomi Suzuki, but I didn't watch it, as I don't have a ticket for it. La Petite Fox cafe is also available, but I didn't go there.

Unlike all Comic Fiesta posts before this, I decided to not upload all photos and make an image gallery here. To be honest, I am starting to feel my age already, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, no less!














The stage.

60 Seconds Of Anything performance by Azizi EXT, cosplaying as Denji from Chainsaw Man.





DAY TWO


Queueing up aside; On Day Two, I did the exact same thing just like Day One, except on that day, I decided to cosplay as Conny Springer (as usual!). Since the changing rooms are no longer provided, I decided to wear the T-shirt and trousers first at home, then putting on the jacket and sash, and change to a pair of boots for the cosplay once I got inside the halls.

Although I took most of my time taking photos and record some videos (I decided not to upload the videos this time) on both days, I did buy something at this year's Comic Fiesta. On Day One, I bought one SPY x FAMILY T-shirt by Doujin Tenka at the Art Market area, a Comic Fiesta 2022 T-shirt and an A5 print at Coffytiam booth, and two PS3 games (buy 1, free 1) at Kyo's Game Mart booth. On Day Two, I bought one BoboiBoy keychain at MONSTA Studios booth, one Platelet (Hataraku Saibou) cap from 3B booth, and one Anya Forger keychain from Hakken booth.

Once outside, I took photos of the available cosplayers. It was here I realised that I made mistakes in photography; One is that I made a wrong setting which caused some photos look underexposed, the other is that I have a nasty habit of taking photos in Dutch angles (as shown in earlier photos).

And speaking of cosplayers, since Genshin Impact's huge popularity, I noticed a large number of cosplayers dressed up as characters from Genshin Impact. Among the characters I noticed are Aether and Lumine, Venti, Zhongli, Lisa, Hu Tao, and many more. There are also Shingeki no Kyojin cosplayers on Day One; Once again, every time I cosplay as Conny Springer, it will always be on the day that there are less Shingeki no Kyojin cosplayers.

Coincidence? I think not! 

Alright, enough of that. Below are the select photos I took on Day Two:














Below are select photos of cosplayers at the event:





























And that's all there is for me to write. The end.


RemainUnknown522 Out.