24 July 2020

Ochibisan Halal Natto Long-Term Review: It Is Delicious!

In my last blog post here, I have reviewed Ochibisan Halal natto, the only Halal-certified natto available. In this new blog post, it's a long-term review of the very same Ochibisan Halal natto. In fact, as per title says, it is delicious!


Okay, I'm getting a bit greedy here. But honestly, other than it tasted delicious, I bought five of these natto because my mother also loved it. In fact, I always wanted to give my mother natto because of its health benefits. As of now, from what I know, these Halal-certified natto are available at AEON supermarkets in Nilai (the very same place I bought them) and 1 Utama (according to this Twitter post). Sadly, AEON Mid Valley did not have it, much to my disappointment.

Anyway, in my last blog post about Ochibisan Halal natto, I tried eating it with rice, and it tasted good. But now, as I have gotten used to its taste, I can now eat it on its own. In fact, I now find that the natto tasted way more delicious when eaten on its own.

The last time I wrote about it, I was doing it wrong, as I didn't properly stir the natto. So, after watching videos on how to correctly prepare and eat natto, I'm going to show the following steps along with images below (now watermarked, so I am the rightful owner of the images!)


First, open the polystyrene lid and remove the protective plastic sheet.



Secondly, take a chopstick and stir the natto to loosen it. As shown above, it is slimy.



Next, cut open the condiment packets (soya sauce and mustard) and squeeze them into the natto...



...and finally, stir the natto again, mixing the condiments and natto together. As in the image above, it is both slimy and foamy!

As I loved this natto when mixed with the condiments, I also tried tasting it again without mixing them. It tasted bland (tawar, in Malay language) and a very little bit of sour combined together, but delicious. The condiments improved its taste, and it's especially useful for those who are not used to eat natto without them.


And that concludes my long-term review of Ochibisan Halal Natto.


RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment