24 June 2018

'Jalan-Jalan' Saturday, 23/06/2018: GAX 2018 and Sukiya (again!)


Yesterday, I decided to go for another 'Jalan-Jalan' at KL, as GAX 2018 was being held at Berjaya Times Square. I left Bangi at 10:27 a.m. for KL Sentral station and immediately took the monorail to Imbi station.



Upon arriving at Berjaya Times Square, I noticed that GAX 2018 was a much smaller event than the ones I visited. There are sales booths and gashapon vending machines, an eSports tournament, and a live stage performance.

Live stage performance by Harmonia ACG.
Although admission to the event was free, I decided to leave the event early and go to Mid Valley instead. To be honest, though, I somehow felt boring at the event, probably because the event itself was small and not as lively.

Anyway, below are select photos of the event:








AT MID VALLEY


I left Berjaya Times Square and took the monorail to KL Sentral and boarded the waiting Komuter train to Mid Valley. Once I got there, I went to the same food court nearby AEON supermarket on LG floor and, as usual, bought my lunch at Sukiya.


Speaking of food, I am highly sure that, since I always bought my meals at Sukiya, someone might ask me rudely, "Why Japanese food? This is Malaysia, you're a Malaysian, you should be eating Malaysian food only!",
I have a good reason why: because I already enjoyed Malaysian food at home for too long.

Besides, what's wrong with Japanese food? As long as it's Halal, then I can eat as much as I want!


Alright, enough of my rant. As shown above, this is the medium Gyuudon with Chawanmushi set, priced at RM16. As I always ordered a Kaarage set to complement my rice bowl meal, I decided to try Sukiya's chawanmushi, as I was wondering how it tasted.

So how does the chawanmushi taste? It was good. It is a hot, savoury egg custard which contained shiitake mushroom pieces, cubed chicken pieces, shrimp, and vegetables (probably carrot, since it was orange). Since Sukiya in Malaysia is certified Halal, they don't use any mirin or sake in it. As for the gyuudon itself, it was good; And it tasted slightly better when I added the shredded green chillies that they placed at the counter.

After having lunch, I proceeded to do some shopping before leaving Mid Valley at 2:32 p.m, and so ending my 'Jalan-Jalan' Saturday post.


RemainUnknown522 Out.