22 January 2017

At Mid Valley Megamall, 21/01/2017

It has been almost two years since I last went to Mid Valley Megamall, one of my favourite shopping complexes. My last visit in early February 2015 was to collect a 1/8 scale Sen-ti-nel BRAVE-ACT Armin Arlert figure which I ordered at XL-Shop months before that.

And so, yesterday, after being invited by my eldest sister, my mother and I went there for some lunch and shopping for a birthday present for one of my family members. Two years have passed since my last visit, and I noticed a number of changes at Mid Valley Megamall.

ARRIVAL & LUNCH, AT SUKIYA'S

My mother and I arrived at Mid Valley Megamall at 11:10 a.m. and we noticed a number of differences at Mid Valley Megamall. One of those is a new convenience store: Family Mart.

This is Family Mart, a convenience store chain from Japan.
Another change we noticed later on was a food court, located beside AEON supermarket.

We went down to LG floor and straight to MPH bookstore to meet up with my eldest sister and her children, but she wasn't there and was already at the food court located near AEON supermarket. We turned back to the food court and finally meet up with my sister and her two children, and I went to Sukiya stall to buy my lunch meal.

Sukiya stall.

Dairakuya stall.

Kodawari Menya stall.

At the food court, there are three Japanese food stalls: Sukiya, Dairakuya, and Kodawari Menya. I went to Sukiya's, as my sister recommended me to try their Teriyaki Chicken Rice bowl.

This is what I ordered: Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl (large) and Karaage set with iced Green Tea.
As shown in the photo above, I ordered a large Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl and Karaage set, which totaled at RM 17.90. For that price, I can say that the meal was good. The miso soup was good, although I have to admit, it was odd to use a spoon to drink the soup!

The Teriyaki Chicken Rice was good, and it was also the first time I tried consuming rice using chopsticks. The karaage (fried chicken) also tasted good, while the Green Tea was okay.


ICE-CREAM, POCKY, PUDDING & KIT KAT

After we had our lunch, I went up to 3rd floor to buy a birthday present for my niece who's turning 4 this year, and meet up with my mother, my sister and her children at 2nd floor of AEON shopping mall. Later on, we went to Bata shoe store to buy a new pair of shoes for my mother and finally, stopped at Baskin-Robbins for some ice-cream.

Butterscotch Toffee Blondie ice-cream.
After I had my ice-cream, I left Baskin-Robbins and went to Family Mart to buy Strawberry Gyunyu Pudding and Fruity Pocky Blueberry.

What I bought at Family Mart.
The Kit Kat Chocolatory store.

I went back to Baskin-Robbins, only to find that my mother, my sister and her two children weren't there. As it turns out, they were at Kit Kat Chocolatory store located beside Baskin-Robbins. As soon as I went to the Kit Kat store, my mother gave me a Nasi Lemak Kit Kat. It was a white-coloured Kit Kat with a taste almost similar to Nasi Lemak, where they put some peanuts and chilli powder in it!

We finally went home at about 4:05 p.m. after all the shopping.


AT HOME: STRAWBERRY GYUNYU PUDDING & FRUITY POCKY BLUEBERRY REVIEW

Fruity Pocky Blueberry, box, gold-coloured foil and two Fruity Pocky Blueberry sticks.

As soon as all of us arrived at home, I made a quick review of the Fruity Pocky Blueberry I bought earlier. As shown in the picture above, the Fruity Pocky Blueberry is sold in a blue box. Inside is the Pocky sticks, packed inside a gold-coloured plastic foil.

So how does it taste? It was quite sweet, but tasty. The blueberry taste was quite sweet, perhaps the sweetest tasting Pocky I've bought so far.

As for the Strawberry Gyunyu Pudding, it was okay. Inside the pudding is some strawberries and even blueberries. The pudding's consistency is almost similar to yoghurt, and it is actually possible to drink from the cup instead of using the spoon.

And so ends my Mid Valley Megamall trip post.


RemainUnknown522 Out.