02 August 2016

RemainUnknown522's Compilation of Annoyances: Internet Trolls

WARNING: PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THE CONTENTS IN THIS POST ARE MERELY BASED ON MY PERSONAL OPINIONS AND MAY OFFEND CERTAIN READERS. IF YOU WISH TO READ, THEN PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Ever since I started using the Internet, I have seen many comments written by many people in all kinds of websites, including Facebook, Internet Forums and a number of blogs. Some are useful and helpful, while others are just plain rude and annoying. Rude comments are among the things I find annoying and also, the main reasons why I sometimes prefer not to comment on Facebook pages or blogs.

These people, known as Internet Trolls, are everywhere; From blogs such as the automotive blog Paultan.org to certain Facebook pages, there will always be people who shows zero empathy whenever they are commenting on something, as if all their actions are correct and tolerable. Worst of all, they could be your family members or relatives!

What about me? I have been in numerous situations where these trolls who don't give a damn on my thoughts and attacking me as if they are correct. And so, here is my list of the type of Internet Trolls I loathe the most, all based on my experience:
  • The 'Regular' Trolls: I have seen these kind of people frequently, who would bash someone and telling (in an abrasive manner) that they are correct and what that person said was wrong. From my experience, I was attacked once in this one blog site (can't remember the name, though) due to my comment on an article regarding Anime-related controversy in Malaysia. Meanwhile, in the Lowyat.net Internet Forum, I was attacked again, twice!
  • 'Google University Graduate' Trolls: These people can be easily found in automotive blogs and automotive-related Facebook pages, particularly, Paul Tan. Just look at them bashing the car company Proton with their so-called 'knowledge' and you'll know what I mean. From my experience, I was attacked by one of these people because of my strong opposition to Proton Bashing. Since then, I choose to avoid commenting in any kind of automotive blogs.
  • 'Religious Preacher' Trolls: A religious preacher version of the Internet Troll. While I mean no offence or harm with this statement, I honestly loathe these kind of people. What's the point of preaching about religion while at the same time, bashing and insulting the people you are preaching to with your insulting comments or hashtags? From my experience, I was once bashed by one of them for writing something that, according to that person, was incorrect, along with an insulting hashtag! Plus, I have seen these people in Cadbury Malaysia Facebook page, due to a controversy regarding porcine DNA found in Cadbury chocolates (which are actually false). Two years have passed since that incident, and yet, they still exist there!
  • 'Unemployed Hater' Trolls: As I am unemployed, they are the most loathsome of all Internet Trolls I have encountered. These people enjoy bashing unemployment and the unemployed, and generalising the unemployed as lazy while deliberately ignoring issues involving lazy workers who get their salary for being lazy in their jobs (makan gaji buta). Not only that, they also tend to brag about enjoying their salary while at the same time, attacking the unemployed non-stop by 'barking' at them to get a job. From my experience, I have seen these people bashing the unemployed whenever a CCTV video of a robbery or theft was uploaded to Facebook. The worst of all? The Facebook page admin's caption for the video, which openly bash the unemployed!

WHY BASH PEOPLE?

Ever since I encountered these Internet Trolls, it really makes me unbearably angry. I still don't understand the real reason why they enjoy attacking and bashing some people. I mean, what's the fun in bashing? Do they get paid in cash for doing it? Does bashing others really makes them feel happy? Or maybe, they just want to show off that they are always right, when in reality, they are wrong?

Do these people really think that showing no empathy towards others is fun and rewarding?! Do they think that hurting other people emotionally through the Internet is fun and rewarding?!

You see, this is why the term 'Facebook depression' exists; search the term on Google or just look at the rude comments on Facebook and you'll know what I mean.


CONCLUSION

So, there you have it. My annoyances when it comes to Internet Trolls. Thanks to them, I have chosen not to comment on anything, as sometimes, even the most helpful and positive comments invite these breed of people to attack. And also, thanks to them, I now no longer allow any comments on my blog.

RemainUnknown522 Out.