28 March 2014

Comic Fiesta 2013 Day One, Three Months Later...

The signboard showing where to queue up to Comic Fiesta 2013.
It's kinda interesting for the post title I'm using, since it sounded almost similar to the first episode of Shingeki No Kyojin. And, to be honest, it's already THREE MONTHS (this article started on 21st March) since I went to this event, and now, I'm just beginning to write about it.

This is about Comic Fiesta 2013, held at KL Convention Centre from 21st December to 22nd December 2013. I went there on Day One, just like I used to back in 2008 to 2010. I went there very early, arriving at about 8.35 there, only to find that the queue was already quite long. Back in 2008 and 2009, I arrived at Comic Fiesta between 10 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. Guess my strategy of arriving early didn't work, after all.

Below are the photos of the queueing up:

This first photo of the long queue is taken at 8.37 a.m.
This second photo is taken at 8.42 a.m., two minutes after I started queueing up
This third photo is taken at 8.47 a.m.
The signboard says it all. Also, this photo is taken at 9.19 a.m.
This queue is for those who bought Comic Fiesta Early Bird tickets online, taken at 9.23 a.m.
The ticket counter, taken at 10.48 a.m.
Finally bought it. This photo is taken at 10.51 a.m.
From where I began queueing up, right up to arrival at the counter to buy the ticket, takes 2 Hours and 10 Minutes. By comparison, back in 2008 and 2009, I managed to buy the tickets between 10.30 and 11.30 a.m. without having to wait in a long queue; and back in 2010, while I was queueing up to the counter, I bought it from a Comic Fiesta staff who carried a basket full of tickets, and that was about 12.20 p.m. in the afternoon.


Anyway, here's a number of  image galleries of the event. Take note that a lot of photos are used, making this the longest post in my blog (as of 28/03/2014):


QUEUEING TO THE TICKET COUNTER



INSIDE THE HALLS



FIGURE EXHIBITION & SALES EXHIBITION



COMIC FIESTA 2013 OPENING CEREMONY (PHOTOS ONLY)


COSPLAYERS



OUTSIDE THE CONVENTION CENTRE


I left the event at 1.52 p.m., just a few seconds after I took a photo of a cosplayer, cosplaying as Kaori Kanzaki. Unfortunately, I failed to meet up with my friends from Lowyat.net internet forum (I'm using a different user name there) and meeting them there is actually one of my main objectives. But, at least, I am successful in going to an event where other people like me, who have the same interest in Anime and Manga, can gather and enjoy. Lastly, most of the visitors there would also buy some merchandise like T-shirts, posters, badges, and many more. Below is a photo of what I bought there:

These are what I bought: one Conan Edogawa mouse pad, one Conan Edogawa wall scroll, one Black Rock Shooter badge, two Shingeki No Kyojin badges and one Medal Of Honor (2010) computer game.
To conclude this post, my visit to Comic Fiesta 2013 left me with mixed feelings. I am happy that I got the chance to go to an event where I can enjoy with people who share the same interest as I am, since I didn't go there in 2011 and 2012. I noticed there are plenty of cosplayers who are cosplaying as characters from Shingeki No Kyojin, which explains the reason why I named this post title to sound almost similar to the first episode of the Anime.

What made me unhappy, however, are two things: one is, because, I have miserably failed with my so-called 'strategy' of arriving VERY EARLY there. Turns out that arriving very early has caused me and other visitors to queue up for two hours just to buy the on-site tickets.

The second reason why I'm not happy is because I didn't get a chance to meet up with my forum friends there. I saw some of my forum friends there, but I didn't get the chance to talk to them. Guess I am a 'forever alone' person like Jean Kirschtein from Shingeki No Kyojin, after all...........

RemainUnknown522 Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment